Thursday, October 05, 2006

Decisions, decisions

So the internet it broken at home, or rather the internet I was piggy backing has gone down, so I'm in the department.

I've been trying to get my head around the RSA topics and I think I've finally settled on the title "Wellbeing". Its a brief set by GSK so I'm hoping they're going to be thinking fairly broadly when they judge - I'm trying to come at this from "the other direction" which is mainly going to be centring my work around ritualism, and culture, and what people do to make themselves feel well. This is just my starting point, and I'll be tracking my progress on the project over the next 7 weeks, until submission.

On the other side of the coin I'm feeling positive about my major project ideas, I'm not going to reveal them yet - not until I've had my initial reviews, and maybe refined them a little more. But I have one design that I definately think could be commercially viable (I'm not going to be selling this idea, unless someone asks me too, however I think that if it could be produced and used in the Real World, then the likelihood is that it's a good idea *obvious really*)

Also this weekend I'm going to venture into the Library for the third time in my university career* and knuckle down to research and compose my 1500 word essay on "Vanadium". I need to get this out of the way, as come the submission (week 7...we're in week 1) I'll be too busy with the RSA to give two hoots to an engineering essay!

Well The Automatic are coming to the Union tonight, which is a nice change and I'm having the night off, so I'm going to bumble home, try and get some work finished before my mate arrives!

Plus hopefully my washing machine will have been delivered and I can get on with being clean again!


*I'd like to point out that this lack of library visitation, is due to my rights being restricted by the courts.
On a serious point, most of my work is project based and therefore comes "from within"

No comments: