Friday, January 05, 2007

The End of an Era

I am fully aware to all those who've read this blog over that last few weeks that I do appear to be slightly unhinged.

I am, however, of sane mind and healthy body, and I just have a lot of love for the things I love. Even if they're black crayons, cushion covers and to a lesser extent, my wok.

**that's wok, as in Oriental cookery, not the mis-spelt "work"**

Well the Green Wing ended last night and when something I love ends, I do feel a bit sad (imagine how all the trekkies felt when they finished Star Trek, or the time you finished uni or school)

Its an End of an Era feel...

***This is where I unravel into appreciation for Green Wing, so don't bother reading if you don't watch Green Wing***

****Also I can't be trusted not to give away too much, so if you haven't seen the special, then wait until you have****


And although not comically the best episode of Green Wing last night, it was a fitting ending, full of heart rendering moments, bitter-sweet love and death (a fair bit of death tbh).

A few people have complained that as an ending it was pretty poor, but I think, given that the cast have been very involved in the production of it for 3 years, that the final episode was always going to be tinged with sadness and was going to be an ending not only for the series but the cast too, and as such was always going to be slightly less funny, and also had to be held up to high expectations.

I liked that final installment, and I liked the twists and unexpected turns it took (for example, leading us to all believe the funeral in the opening was for one of two characters, then totally stumping the lot of us by having a random death occur) yet still having a lovely ending that I know everyone was rooting for.


RIP Green Wing

Long live Green Wing DVD box set... (on order from Amazon...)

No comments: