Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sigh of Relief

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I've finished the body of the text for my report, in a mammoth day long session I have written 3549 words. I pride myself of writing concisely and in good form, so I'm hoping that the read through tomorrow will leave me with little to change, and I reckon I can get away with 3549 for a 3000 word count, as that includes titles etc, and I know a lot of my report will graduate into figures and tables (which don't count for word count)

So tomorrow is reading through, and adding images. That sounds like a doddle, but I have over 70 A3 sheets of sketch work, and 140 A4 pages of logbook to shoe horn in...we're allowed as many images as we want, but there is a line to draw, and I'm a firm believer in "less is more" to a certain extent - there's no need for superfluous "fat" in a report.

Then hopefully a last few read-throughs, make sure I haven't missed anything (which is more my concern, then whether I've rambled on), and time for printing and binding before the Monday hand in...

...easy...*not*

I'm also reading through Tom's for him, and hopefully I can help him out a bit there, get my perfectionist's approach to grammar and punctuation out, and he'll sail through - undoubtedly with a better mark than me ;)

No comments: