Thursday, January 11, 2007

Silly Ideas of your Youth

**This post isn't for those who find the talking of wounds etc at all difficult...**

Now there are many reasons why its a silly idea to have a nose piercing, mainly to do with how chavy you look, but I had one done ages ago in about 2003, and while waiting for it to heal was a bit annoying (I had to pick the snot out of the internal butterfly with tweezers...) I was not prepared for Life After The Piercing.

Now don't get me wrong, if your child wants to rebel, its better for them to rebel with a DIY shop full of steel bars than by branding themselves, and you may say that even tho I was rebelling, I knew I wouldn't want it forever - maybe that's where I fell down, a conscientious rebel...

Anyway what I didn't realise and no-one ever thought to tell me, was that now every time I get a cold, it gets infects, even tho I removed the piercing over 2 years ago now...
So the side of my nose swells up and it just sits there and oozes pus...a really nice side-effect that may be a punishment for shocking my parents with luminous pink hair...

No comments: