Monday, January 15, 2007

Slacking...

I feel I have been a bit slack of late, and I've not been posting with my usual punctuality, so whilst I am in between CAD models I thought I'd take the time to write a little post.

My birthday "party" was great, I think everyone had a brilliant time and even a few of the shier guests got stuck in with the web of lies and murder that was "Murder at the Four Deuces". I'd highly recommend it to anyone and indeed my Mum and several friends of friends have requested that I let them know the website etc - certainly worth the £15 I spent - better value and better fun than the usual "dinner party" games.

I have to admit it was very complex at time and would probably have worked better if everyone knew each other a bit better, but still a good night.

Mannington was murdered my Kate, Rich was murdered by Julia, Nikki was murdered by Stu, and Stu was murdered by...I can't actually remember, it got a bit difficult to keep track of who was killing who! I'm looking forward to the sequel already - I wonder when I can convince everyone to dress up again...

It was also a great idea asking everyone to bring food - Kate, Sam and I now have enough food (or rather dessert) to keep us going for ages, although perhaps wise to ask people to bring specific items as students tend to be lacking imagination
**my worst fear of 3000 sausage rolls thankfully didn't materialise**

I will try and prise the photo's out of Tegan if I get the chance before the end of the week, and get them up - the costumes certainly were great!


And today I had a tutorial for my major project - I seem to be doing ok on the schedule, have a few more things to do, then time to start writing the report with a good 6 days to go!

3BT

1. Getting Stu completely addicted to Green Wing

2. Making "hot air balloons" with Kate...take one helium balloon, attach tissue to the cord, tear/add enough paper to balance the lift of the balloon - therefore having a balloon that will just hang stably in the air, not going up or down...

3. Managing to contact a wheelchair user for research, and him being very keen to help :)

No comments: