Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Sweet Taste of Freedom

Today has been like the average person's weekend. And it's been lovely. I've cleaned, cooked, I went shopping (and spent far too much), visited Tegan and Esmee, her new kitten, watched DVDs and cooked some more.

I love this whole concept of having a life, and I'd forgotten how easy it was in this line of work to get swallowed up and consumed, and not have a life...this was like my first taste (and probably last for the foreseeable future).

**Rant starts here**

A couple of people on the course have had their module exams today and tomorrow, giving them nearly 2 and half weeks off, to relax and unwind. Now that has its drawbacks to I can't really bitch, but I have a week til my next exam, and another week after that til the next. I then have 2 days off....then it all starts again.

That'll total 5 days off in 8 months (Christmas Day, Birthday, today, and those 2 days...) before my next break...its bloody slave labour, I tell you.

More's to the point I'm a little concerned that this might have the burn out effect on me...I hope I don't get too fatigued and that I can't cope with the prospect of working 16 hour days without a break for the next 6 months...

Shit me, that's gonna be tough, I've only just added it all up...

Oh well, I guess it means that I need more time off now and just cram my revision into 5 days instead of 7 etc so that I can have a few days off...

oh god, the prospect of what's facing me is gonna make me cry any second...I was doing so well...I hadn't got freaked out and upset in so long, nearly 3 weeks...

**rant over**


Well I'd better find some good things to cheer myself up...

1. Sequinned Burgundy shoes for £10

2. Esmee curling up in my lap and purring softly as I stroke her, she finally gets used to this stranger and realises she can seduce them into spending hours playing with her...

3. The Green Wing out-takes, almost funnier than the program as it's fresh material I haven't seen before

No comments: