Sunday, February 18, 2007

Catching up

It's been a busy few days in the world of Ellie.

Thursday night saw 3 hours sleep from 4.30am to 7.30am, due to DesignWeek. My renderings took longer than expected, and putting the boards together even longer, although I met the deadline with half an hour to spare so I can't have been that bad!

Friday was filled with sitting on the sofa crying. I got my MDP1 mark back (for the heated seating). On the face of it I did quite well, I got 65 and I was quite pleased with that. Then I found out other people's marks. A couple of people, who I know did very very little work ended up with marks of 75+
Having been in the top of my group through the entire module, and then dropping (without warning) to the bottom was a real shock to me and something I am ahving difficultly comprehending.

Cue self-doubt, de-motivation and exasperation.

What had I missed so totally? Where has I fallen down? What did the others blag so well to get them very very high marks?

In my feedback, I was slated for my use headings and subheadings and severely marked down because of this...only these were the headings we were told we HAD to use...

I'm completely at a loss to understand how I managed to completely bomb out (yes I understand a 65 is a good mark, but if people who did less got more, then logic suggests I should have been equal if not higher than them)

I have a telephone meeting with my tutor organised for Monday, hopefully this will shed some light on the reasoning behind what I did wrong. I'd have preferred a face to face meeting but my tutor is away.

On a brighter note, I've noticed the light levels have suddenly shot up, coming home and finding it's still light, waking up to dawn not darkness. I love the coming of summer, it cheers me, I hope I can gain a bit of happiness from it now...

No comments: