Saturday, February 03, 2007

Nesting

Well my trip to Ikea was predictably fruitful, a new rug and cushion covers are now adorning our living room, along with the table I got for the air purifier, that doesn't fit in my room - d'oh. (That is now sat on my fireplace which seems a good choice).

So our living room is a treat, in cream and plums, it looks good, however if I had my way there would be dark furniture in there - it does look a little washed out consequently. I also have a lovely vase (only 99p) with a water plant (something Kate can't drown), I wanted to get 5 vases for the window sill, but Kate and Sam wouldn't let me - it would have meant their (dying) plants would have been relegated somewhere else, which they weren't keen on...I might have to get back there soon to pick up the other vases on the sly...

There is one unfortunate side-effect to Ikea, its the nesting feeling I get...I'm so sick and tired of moving house - I've done it so much over the years, and rarely lived in any one fixed place for more than 2 years at an absolute push - generally its 1 year before I move on.

After 14 years I want to settle into a house of my own, just one problem...I have no money...I'll be playing the lottery tonight then!

No comments: