Monday, March 05, 2007

Birthdays, Working, Food, Accompanying and Punctuation

Life is pretty boring at the moment, I generally seem to just be working and sleeping with a small amount of eating in between.

There have also been seemingly hundreds of birthdays happening at the moment, and I'm finding it pretty hard to keep up with who's day is who's and how old they are. I wonder what significant date happened about 9 1/2 months ago...actually on second thoughts I don't want to know.

(For those who are interested, there is a higher than average proportion of people born on 27th October each year. This is 9 1/2 months to the day after Valentine's Day...)
Birthday count - 3 down, 3 to go...

I have a major deadline on Thursday, and I'm not going to complete the work, and frankly I don't care, I'd rather follow my Dad's philosophy - better late and correct, than on time and wrong. It makes perfect sense.
I'm going to keep working and plodding onwards, luckily my tutor is very understanding and has already said to us that he's rather see a few engineering drawings that are correct, not hundreds that are wrong.

And on that note it is my cue to get to bed, ready for an early start tomorrow!

3BT

1. A pack of Hobnobs that provides a welcome distraction to part drawings

2. Rich walking me home from the department so I don't have to walk alone in the dark

3. The occasional bursts of sunshine between the heavy downpours that punctuate the day.

No comments: