Saturday, April 28, 2007

The week

I've been terrible at blogging again, but I do have a few excuses!

Tuesday night was good, the Americans seem to be able to sink more than us, I have a sneaking suspicion they're trying to take advantage of the low age laws for buying alcohol here, as they were all under 21. I bailed at 2am, but I heard Mannington didn't get to bed until 7...ouch!

Needless to say Wednesday was therefore slightly unproductive, I got pretty much nothing done, however I'd also forgotten that I was going to see Maximo Park in Nottingham that evening. After meeting Jonah and Nadine at Blockbusters and wondering up to the station we discovered that Jonah's new swatch was about 10 mins slow and we missed the train, causing a rather long and tedious game of "I-spy" for the next hour.
Once in Nottingham, we headed up to the Rescue Rooms for a (non-alcoholic) drink before heading into the venue where I promptly lost Jonah and Nadine in the crowd.
Art Brut were on first and were interesting and witty, although not really my cup of tea, but we had a good vantage point which I promptly lost by moving an inch the wrong way.

By the time Maximo Park came on it was packed, and I could see the grand total of bugger all, so off I trotted and managed to scoot in next to some rather nice (if a little drunk) skin heads who decided that they'd look after me (I didn't have much choice at this point) but they did have harsh words with a man that fell into me, and let me stand so I could see the stage (which was nice considering I was about a foot taller than them)
Maximo Park were brilliant as always - its the second time I've seen them, and they are truly fabulous so much energy, and catchy songs and thankfully they seem to attract a slightly older and more intelligent crowd so we weren't packed out with kids.
A brilliant, if exhausting night, and I slept all the way home in the taxi!

The days for me have been taken up with my project, I've managed to get the majority of my 200 parts cut, and the test assemble went surprisingly well considering I've lost 4 pieces....
Consequently I've been knackered from hauling around huge pieces of MDF all day and have come home shattered - which equates to not much work getting done.

Today I'm still exhausted but I need to crack on with some design for the manufacture of my seat (I had a particularly productive meeting with a concrete expert) however I should be working in the living room as the decorators are in my room today. I say that but its now 10am and there's no sign of them, so it looks like I've packed up my room for nothing - not impressed.

Hopefully a proper service will resume on Monday, with daily beautiful things and posts...
Bye for now

No comments: