Saturday, May 05, 2007

Infatuation

ok ok ok, I know it's very sad, but I'm infatuated with some music (is that really possible...?)

Anyway, I will save the gushing tribute style that I've done before and just say this...

I've listened to this album continuously for the last 10 days, for about 13 hours a day, and I'm still not bored of it.

Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures

Buy it

Now

(oh yeah, I've decided I'm moving to Newcastle and marrying the lead singer, either him or Kevin McCloud or Derren Brown...although I imagine Derren would be a nightmare - start an argument and he'd convince you he was right, that he'd won, and that you didn't have a leg to stand on...nightmare)

5 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Er, I know for a fact that Derren Brown is gay...

Best to cross him off your list unless you want a lavender marriage...

Puss

Quink said...

I'm having the same problem with this album, which I discovered only 36 years after it was released.

ERA said...

Puss...damn it...I have been told I'm manly tho, maybe that would work, who am I kidding, I just want someone to read my mind. Actually no, then they'd know what a cold blacken heart I have, hmmmmmm

Quink - this album looks like it could have the potential to take a place in my collection - excuse my poor "old school" musical knowledge, are we talking about French pop? Or Canadian, or jazz?
I'm think I might pop on some French jazz...

Quink said...

Serge is French, but I can't begin to describe his style(s). Just drive all thoughts of cheesy French pop from your mind, though... There's a fair amount of his stuff on iTunes, so you can get a flavour from there.

ERA said...

Hmmm, interesting, I shall be all over it...