Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The last few days

I've been in the workshops all day everyday and coming home to a topsy turvy house - where the painter still didn't show up on Monday - consequently I have been living in the Lounge at the moment, and I'm sure my housemates aren't too pleased about that. Hopefully the god-awful man will be finished by tonight and I can at least move all my stuff back into my room, even if I don't sleep there tonight for all the paint fumes.

I have also had a really productive week so far, I will post some photos of the work I have been doing when I get my computer back up and running (I'm in uni at the minute for this post).

Today has been accident prone to say the least - I have already cut open my hands 3 times before it was even 10am, so in true survivalist style I got the super glue out and sealed myself back up. I then stowed the glue away in a safe place (my pocket with Kate's safety goggles in), and off I went to the bandsaw to cut out some wood. On went the safety glues and off they came very sharpish...I came within about 3mm of pouring an entire bottle of superglue in my eye - I could feel the fumes and heat coming off the inside of the goggle lens - a close shave.

Last ngiht Nikki and I went to the pub after working all day to have a drink and sat in the sun - very nice...except on an empty stomach - luckily I had some left overs when I got home and didn't having to attempt Tipsy Cooking :D

3BT
1. Getting pretty much all my gluing completed

2. Tom finally settling on a design with minimal time left, its been a big push for him, mostly with my cracking the whip, so well done.

3. Home made potato salad - I love potatoes in all their forms, and potato salad just makes me think of summer time when I was a child

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

I am incapable of using super glue without bonding some part of my anatomy to some other part of my anatomy - it's a bit like Twister, only more painful.

Puss