Friday, July 27, 2007

Employment and other things

Well the employment side of my life is looking up, I applied to 9 companies yesterday (although I made some small gaffs like forgetting to put a title in the subject line) and I got 1 reply, requesting more work to be sent, explaining that he'd make a decision on my application early next week, fingers cross then!

The company is a good one, I respect the guy from my course who did a placement there - his work improved greatly, and I hope that it could have the same effect for me.
I have also now abandoned the plan to temp for 8-9 months and then travel, instead I hope to work for 2ish years and take 2-3 months off before finding a new job. Not the ideal, and it'll be hard to get back in, but no harder than it is now, plus I'll hopefully have a far more advanced portfolio and possibly a far bit of money behind me. I also think that although its not the normal path in your career, you can do anything you want to and that if it all goes tits up I know I'll be able to find my feet again. Its not like I'll have any commitments back at home.

The weather is getting me a bit down at the moment, not because of the rain (I've been known to go on holiday for 2 weeks and rejoice upon my return to the UK and the rain that greets you from the moment you land. I love the rain). No it's the cold that's annoying me. I went for an early even walk yesterday with Mum and Stu, and I was in a coat and scarf and had cold hands by the time I got home. That's just not right. It's July 27th for Christ's sake. My family and I have been lamenting the baking weather of last year, where we all sweated profusely and baked in glorious weather.

Oh well. Maybe I should emigrate to Oz.

And on a slightly different note, I'm worried about the goldfish in the pond. One had died and the others look sad and dejected. Maybe they don't like the weather either.

**UPDATE** Got an interview next Friday with that company...EEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK :D

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Good luck with the interview.

Yes, the cold is awful - I've even had the central heating on - sod global warming.

Puss