Monday, August 06, 2007

Ohhhh so tired...

God what a long week, plus every time I sat down to post, I just didn't feel like it, so I'm here today for much grovelling to my dear readers - don't abandon me now!

Last week was boring - much time was spent preparing for my interview on Friday, and sorting out my Jobseekers allowance.

I'm really sick to the back teeth of central government. I went on Aug 1st to sign on for my first session. When I turned up they claimed they had no record of me, or my claim. Thankfully there was a member of staff free who look up my claim. Unfortunately the first woman I went to see for my initial interview had been new and misinformed me of my first appointment, so I had missed it and my claim had been cancelled. Being a terribly designed system they couldn't override the closure and reopen my claim. So I had to start again. I still have no money coming into my account and I'm owed 5 weeks of benefits. And I'm not likely to see them anytime soon.
At least the man I saw the next day to sort it all out was understanding and civil, almost verging on the helpful (shock horror).
More fun was to be had at the Job Centre as some 17 year old chav kicked off and the police had to be called. From what I gather the money hadn't been paid into his account so he couldn't pay his phone bill. He didn't seem too worried about how he was going to support the pregnant girlfriend and 3 other children...

The interview on Friday went well, I arrived 45 minutes early, thanks to AA route planner telling me it would take 2 hours, not the 1hr 15 it really took me. I went in, showed my portfolio, he asked barely any questions and we chatted about his holiday, my degree show and then had a tour of the office. Needless to say I was back out of the door 15 minutes later and on my way. Sounds bad, but in fact was really positive. Crossed fingers.

I then headed over to my old office and caused havoc for the rest of the afternoon, distracting people and generally being a nuisance to anyone trying to work...much fun, especially when you don't have to worry about them ever employing you again :D I also discovered they've changed all the company names, which isn't confusing for me, but I imagine for any outsiders probably would be.

And then out on Friday night to what seemed to be a dead and lifeless Reading. Hardly anyone was out, Bodie got incredibly drunk and pretended to lose his keys (great joke by the way) and in fact lost his phone, and we finally got home at 2am. Good fun tho, and it reminded me how much I like reading - this job in Uxbridge would be really good for me in that way. I could live in Reading, commute on the train, or drive, and still have all the friends from Mars I made in my placement.

So fast forward to today, and after a loooooooong sleep I am ready to tackle the delights of the day. Being unemployed that includes (but not limited to) tidying my wardrobe, hanging out the washing, reading "Dyson: Against the Odds" and sunbathing.

It really is tiresome. No really. It is.

Oh and I've been attacked my mosquitoes and I'm covered in itchy red lumps. Bastards.

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

You could always come and tidy my wardrobe - I've given up and daren't go in there any more.

Puss