Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rubbish!

Things are getting a bit desperate chez ERA, and it's got to the stage now where I've applied to every design job I can find and had no takers.
I still haven't heard back from the interview on Friday, which I'm taking to mean I haven't got the job, considering they said they'd be in touch by "mid-week".

Gutted.

So today I applied to work part time in Monsoon. I feel really down about it at the moment, nothing is going my way, and because this shop is 20 min drive away, I'm sure one of the more local girls will get the job, despite the fact that I'm polite, clever and helpful.

Despite the blue sky outside, I haven't felt this grey in ages.

And it sucks, big hairy arse style.

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Monsoon has the benefit of staff discount.

I know it's probably no comfort, but I went through the same thing when I graduated - convinced I'd never get a job. But at the right time, the right thing will happen, and all you have to do is open yourself up to the possibility.

Affirm what you want, hold the vision clear and true, and trust that it will come to you. Promise.

Now go enjoy that sunshine! You could be stuck in an office like me...

Puss

ERA said...

I guess it all just feels a little hopeless at the moment, unfortunately I was friends with all the talented ones at uni and every one of them seems to have got a job now.
Which just rubs salt into very raw wounds.

I do know something will come along, but it's hard to keep perspective when it feels like there are no options left.

Anyway sunshine here I come....