Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Intrigue

There's a certain image of the west country that can not always be escaped from. It consists mainly of scrumpy, (and therefore scrumping), The Wurzels, Bill Bailey (my favourite sketch is linked there), Stonehenge, hippies and of course the copious use of soft drugs that induced UFO sightings from the military activity in the area. However despite this all there is a certain amount of a laissez faire attitude surrounding most of the west country's bad habits.

I was, however rather shocked at a sign post I saw whilst out driving today; an advert for PotFest, even I thought this might be going a touch too far. But fear not dear reader, PotFest isn't as alarming as it sounds. Check it out here...

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

As a Westcountry girl myself, I'm trying not to take the Wurzels remark personally.

Puss

ERA said...

The Wurzels are fabulous, having seen them at many a country dance, but you have to admit they're not the most glamorous of all really...