Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wow

A full week has passed since I last blogged, and it really doesn't seem like it should have done!

Work is full-on and challenging, but I'm getting there, and I'm also learning to say no to new projects, not least until I've finished some of the ones I've started. Needless to say I've been working late and enjoying working late (it reminds me of the endless nights at uni, working through until midnight before collapsing into bed). I haven't been working that excessively hard, but still, it's enough. Consequently I'm battling tiredness in that endless way I seem to do, but managing ok.

The weekend was spent scouring the shops for a dress, shoes and accessories for the dinner on Friday night - resulting in a delightful aubergine number from Ted Baker's outlet store in Swindon, and an enormous quantity of money spent in Accessorize.

I've also decided to see something in London on the Saturday as I'm there - I'm thinking Pop Art at the National Portrait Gallery, or a visit to The Tate, as I've only ever been to Tate Modern. Obviously this is all hangover dependant...

Friday night itself is shaping up to be very exciting; a range of pre drinks with several customers, private transport to and from the dinner, and we're going to the very prestigious Ronnie Scott's jazz club to see Curtis Stigers. I'm well excited, innit. (Plus I get a half day off as the pre-drinks start mid afternoon...I'll be on the ProPlus then...

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

There's Millais at the Tate, the terracotta army at the BM, Seduction at the Barbican and Couture at the V&A. It's exhibition heaven round here!

Puss