Sunday, December 16, 2007

Scuppered

So, just as I vowed to post at least every other day, the internet went down and it took BT the ripe old time of 8 days to deliver a new router...nasty little people.

This week has been an odd juxtaposition of busy and quiet; work was quiet and filled with training courses on Monday/Tuesday, exploded with hectic activity on Wednesday and Thursday - by Friday I had nothing to do...well at least my Christmas cards have finally been designed and printed (I knew I needed some quiet time at work for something useful...)

On Friday night, myself, Mrs Landlady, T, The Others and He went out for drinks in town, after He finally arrived an hour late and we joined the rest of my house in town. The Others were being predictably grumpy and left fairly early - Mrs Landlady and T went off to see friends on their own, giving me and He time to chat. And we had a lovely time. He complimented me on my dress sense, telling me I'm the best and most original dressed he knows and that I'm tres cool. All things that are going to make me smile - flatter gets you miles with me.

Christmas presents have finally been bought - Stu had better love the present I got him, due to the hell I had to go through to get it - there will be severe words if he doesn't... Plus I managed to find Mum a good present, not what she wanted but comparable.

Only 2 downers at the moment - I broke the beautiful bracelet Mum gave me from Egypt and I still haven't dry cleaned my silk dress for Christmas - MUST remember to take it in this week and get the pliers out

----------------
Now playing: Amy Winehouse - You Sent Me Flying
via FoxyTunes out!

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Hurrah for good times.

Puss