Sunday, October 29, 2006

Swordfighting, and cookery

Well its a lovely Sunday morning, and I've been up for hours taking advantage of the "extra" hour from Daylight Saving to do the housework, and still be finished before midday. It's a nice feeling to still have the majority of the day left after cleaning the house for 5 hours!

And the hosue was a state. When we moved in the landlord said everything was professionally cleaned. My arse, it was! I swiped the cloth behind the toilet and it came back black...YUCK, needless to say that the whole house has had a deep down clean - I hope my housemates notice when they get back!

I'm also just about to start cooking Sunday roast for Isabelle, which will be really nice, Honey and Lemon roasted chicken with roast pots, creamed celeriac, cumin carrots and fresh garden peas!

I had to ring my brother for the cooking tips (he's the worlds best chef ;)) and he unfortunately informed me that my Nana has now been put in a home, and so he was there with my parents visiting her. Apparently she's been there for 4 weeks. It upset me really, my Mum sometimes doesn't see fit to tell me important things about my family... a distant uncle died, and I only found out THREE years later when I casually inquired as to why we hadn't heard from him.

Then November last year, my Mum told me my cousin Steph was 2 weeks overdue on her baby...errrr...what baby...?

And now this...nice one, Mum.


Anyway I should really try to dig myself out of this angry mood, my friend is coming over to pick up the sponge cake I promised to make him, that is sitting in my fridge. He offered to take me out shopping, but I need to cook for Isabelle, it was a nice surprise tho, don't often have friends offering just to hang out - it seems that there always has to be a reason to see people - I assume due to the fact we're all so busy!

Well cooking is a calling...


Fact of the Post: It is possible to sword fight or ride a galloping horse, whilst holding a baby

No comments: