Saturday, October 28, 2006

Blast from my Past

So you might be wondering why I have a photo of loads of milkshake on my blog.

Well...these are my babies!

No I'm not going mad, but yesterday I was cycling along through campus and saw a girl drinking Galaxy Thick Shake (the one in the middle with a big "G"), which was my last project before I left the anonymous confectionery company I worked for in my placement. But not only that, there is Mars Thick Shake (my first big project), and Bounty (one of the redesigns) and Maltesers (that I implemented at the very beginning).

I'd like to point out that although I'm an Industrial Designer, I was working in the recipe development and R&D team, so if you ever are lucky enough to buy them and they taste yummy, you need to come tell me!!

Not only were all my products there, but the entire Mars Drinks range, which we all lived with day in day out trying to get the artwork right on... (well done Clairabelle*!)

So anyway there's a bit of the excitement in my life - I did jump up and down and nearly wet myself, but I'm not sure its having the same affect on you...


I had a quiet night in last night, after a full day in the Studios - I got a proposition and a product, I just need to develop it over the next week, and I'll be all set (that's today's task!). Tomorrow is reserved for my internet site and dissertation research - oooo talk about the exciting life of a designer...*not*

Actually, I am going to a Halloween Party tonight at Isabelle's but I don't know if its fancy dress or not...

I had a nice night in last night, watched the re-run of Robin Hood on BBC Three, and I'm thinking about staying in to watch it tonight too, even tho I've missed the first 3! hehe

My matchmaking efforts went well the other night, although I think they both were a little awkward and I abandoned them and went home to my bed. They still haven't forgiven me, or rather Hilda* hasn't, as she gets a bit shy!

Incidentally, it was Hilda who got me into Robin Hood - I blame her!


Well my RSA is beckoning and I've got to get a load done today! wooooooo *not*



Fact of the Post: All plastic bottles that we "recycle" in the refuse, are actually shipped off to China to be burned - how nice are we - dump on your doorstep.


*Not her real name - do you see a pattern yet?


No comments: