Thursday, October 26, 2006

Love your Mozilla

I've not posted for a few days as I've been writing my project proposal for my the heated seat.
I might even put it on here, although I'm not sure anyone would be interested!
I managed to finish with 15 hours to spare before hand in and I'm just about to go into the department to hand in all my work! YAY!

Then its gonna be knuckling down to the old RSA today and tomorrow and will hopefully have a proposal by the end of Friday WOOP!

I've also downloaded the latest Mozilla Firefox 2.0, and it's just amazing. It automatically spell checks everything you type into boxes, so for web-based email, blogging and searching, it's a lifesaver. I've also been experimenting with the Plug-ins, and have a fantastic little one that open up links when you hover over them, and a status bar at the bottom that links in with iTunes so you don't have to keep changing back and forth when you change your music!

It also has this clever trick that if you accidentally close a browser page, when you open up the Browser again, it shows you 2 tabs, one for your homepage and one for the last page you were on...

It just makes me wonder why people even bother with IE7 when there's software out there that has a much more user-friendly interface and "gadgets" you actually need!

I'm baking tonight for the Studio Days, its should be fun - they already look like they're kicking off nicely and I'm just about to head back in to get going on my RSA.

I'm also looking forward to tonight, I'm heading out for some drinks with some friends *and also a spot of matchmaking* which will be really nice to have something to celebrate even if it's only worth 2 credits out of 120....

I've also just found out what the title music for Syncronicity was - Take What You Take by Lily Allen. I never watched that programme, but I always used to see the advert and liked the music.

(I may be big into my British Indie, but I do lurve Lily Allen...she's me, only with less education and a lot more money...)

Fact of the Post: The UK government has come up with yet more seemingly good laws, which will probably be really difficult to implement and will be applied to silly situations, and not the real ones they're designed for.

No comments: