Friday, November 24, 2006

A Brand New Day, or is it....

Another bright new day has dawned and it really doesn't feel bright so I'm wondering if its really new too - maybe its a second hand day...

I'm sat in my room waiting for some people to come and see round the house - it's that time of year again when all the little freshers have to find houses for the next academic year - yes we're on the ball here in the big L and do things a little before the rest of the world!

I've bought a couple of heated car seats off the internet/eBay - I'm going to bastardise them for parts for the heated seat, but I need a few to see which one will be best and run tests on them with concrete slabs - which Kate has kindly agreed to help me with in the form of giving me a lift to B&Q...I know I'm strong, but I don't think I'll manage 2 miles carrying a 25Kg bag of cement....

I have my first "free" day since starting Uni 4 years ago, today...I actually have no more lectures scheduled for Fridays.

This is the first time its happened to me - I seem to be the unlucky one who always got the awkward schedule of 1 hour here, and 2 hours there and never had a day "off", whereas Isabelle has had Wednesdays and Fridays off since the start of this term and is now down to just going in on Mondays and Tuesdays! The cheek!

I'm also finally going to start designing today or tomorrow.

So far this term we've all been running around doing research and trying to get the RSA finished (which we didn't exactly have much designing on) that none of us have actually done any design! I have a bit of documentation to finish (and some flash interfacing) and then I'll be let loose on the designing! WOOOOOOO

I also found out for the submission after Christmas, that I don't need to do engineering drawings of my chosen concept, but I do have to have a range of ideas, filtered down to a final 3 or 4, then have a chosen concept that is pretty much fully developed with CAD models, 3D models and sketch models

(CAD are the computerised models, 3D models can be made out of blue foam and are little mini models that give you an idea of form and help visualise...they only take about half a day to knock out and you can do loads all the way through the design process, so you know where you're at, and sketch models can be the foam models, or made of card showing working parts and proving the mechanics)

I will also need to have computer modeled circuit diagrams that illustrate the circuit and prove that it works theoretically.

Not much to do, so I'd better not stand here and chat...

xx

No comments: