Monday, December 18, 2006

Arty Day

Nikki and I went to an art gallery in the middle of nowhere today - one of those ones in converted stables. Nothing was particularly helpful to me apart from a plywood piece of art - hard to explain - I'll try to find an image - its a flat piece of ply that has been scooped out to reveal the layers underneath. I'm thinking I can add this as a design detail to the concrete - build out layers of concrete and work through it to make it more flowing...

Nikki found these absolutely beautiful glass jars (for want of a better word) by an artist called Stuart Akroyd which she was suitably impressed with and I think she's now going to start sourcing his skills, but it was a nice little adventure that I rounded off with a (very unproductive) trip to the library.

A good day

*we're going to the Orange Tree tonight for drinks tho, yay!*


3 Beautiful Things

1. Hearing 2 Muslim families wishing each other a Merry Christmas in the street.

2. Seeing a man dowsing in campus, then getting closer and realising he was just talking animatedly into his handsfree

3. Kate and Sam giving me 3 gorgeous bars of dark dark bittersweet chocolate as my Christmas present :D

No comments: