Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Green Wing

I'm getting very excited, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on much else.

The reason for me to be this distracted and excited, is because of the Green Wing. Tom has lent me Series 2 box set, and the last ever special is happening on 4th Jan, 2 hours of bliss, and I've now seen the last of the second series, so I'm all up to date and I'm eagerly awaiting the new and final instalment.

In my opinion this is one of the best British comedies in the last few years, I think it nearly ranks up there with Fawlty Towers. It's incredibly surreal, bizarre and according to my surgeon cousin, EXACTLY like a real hospital.

I strongly urge anyone to see it all, if you're new to the joys of the Green Wing, then I suggest you start at Series 1, and stick with it for a few episodes before deciding whether you like it or not, it is a *little* bit of an acquired taste...

I'm also conversely a bit bummed out about it being a new year. Two Thousand and Seven.
Doesn't that sound a bit strange? A bit like it should be in the future, not the present. OK I'm not making much sense, but surely you must feel the same as me, slightly freaked out by the surreality of a new year.

It'll pass - it always does...I wonder whether there is a phobia about New Years...

Back to the Green Wing Box Set Special Features and Extras... *no addiction here*

No comments: