Friday, January 26, 2007

News and Support

They have been saying over the last few days etc, that this week was the most depressing week of the year, and I guess, fittingly I have discovered through the fountain of knowledge that is my mother, that one of my Aunts has been quite ill for nearly a year now, but she didn't tell anyone. She suffered in silence and only when it was too great for her, did she reach out.

She called my mum for a chat (they're not that close due to a nearly 20 year age difference), but it was during this call that she let it all spill out...only to find an understanding and willing ear on the other end of the line. She never knew that our little family group have struggled with this same illness for nearly 10 years.

I don't know what made her reach out, what triggered her to let it slip so to speak, but I'm so thankful she did. I think she has found support she never expected she'd receive from our family, and I hope that just the knowledge that there are people out there she knows living with it too, gives her the encouragement she needs to get through the difficult times and makes her realise she's not alone.

It makes you thankful for so many things

3BT

1. The anticipation of receiving Tegan's keys so I can go and see Esmee tomorrow...

2. Everyone picking the logo I liked for the Degree Show

3. Kate's chocolate and sponge layer cake

No comments: