Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feedback

I finally managed to speak to my tutor, and I'll give it to him, 65 was a fair mark.

But the general jist of the conversation was that I could have had a 75-80 had I taken 3 different decisions. The craziness of it was that these 3 decisions were ones where I went against my gut instinct.

I stuck to closely to the prescribed layout (something I wasn't happy with anyway) - had I gone my own way and done it how I had wanted my tutor reckoned that would have pushed me to 71.

Had I then explained the reasoning behind the design route in more detail (the fact I went for strong dominant lines), that would have been 75 in the bag.

And had I chosen to put my little cartoon characters on the seat, and played up my user interaction design that could possibly have pushed me up to 80s.

This is all very theoretical, but the general message was that I should have followed my instincts. Don't I feel stupid now...

I'm starting to get to the bottom of my "Little Miss 65" syndrome, I'm starting to think that if I had the confidence to trust my instincts and run with them, then I wouldn't always be landing at a 65.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me. It's unfortunately the nature of the course... as you well know :)

ERA said...

I know tell me about it, its just so frustrating...and not to mention a very unrealistic mode of working!

Roll on July...