Monday, February 19, 2007

Losing Interest

Over the last 6 months or so, maybe even longer, I've started to lose interest in music. I used to be completely dedicated and have flown to other countries just for a gig, however now, I can think of at least 400 different things I'd like to do, rather than go to a gig.

Maybe I'm getting old, which I obviously am in terms of time ticking by, but I can't think of anything worse...

warm beer
having it split by other people
playing sardines with annoying people
people below the age of consent giggling like little sh*ts, with parents in tow
the pushing and shoving
rubbish support bands who sap your soul
by the time the main band comes on, you're either
a) freezing cold (Nottingham Ice Arena)
b) Boiling hot (Nottingham Rock City)
c) Crushed
d) bored
e) have really sore feet, from stamping/pushing and general tiredness
And its £5 for a bottle of water at the end, which you have to buy as it was confiscated at the start


I'm into a more civilised affair, I don't know if I'd ever go to a gig and have the seating section, I suppose it is a little bit more "adult friendly", but rather boring to say the least.

On the other hand I can't wait for Glastonbury tickets to come on sale, at least you then have a choice as to how you spend your time and if you want to watch a band without killing yourself at the front, you can stand a half mile back and probably have better sound quality, whilst sitting on a blanket, toasting marshmellows over a fire.

Yes I'm old.

And I don't care.

No comments: