Sunday, March 18, 2007

3 Beautiful Things

Wednesday

1. Nikki taking me on an emergency trip to the computer shop at 9am

2. Kate bouncing round the house because its her birthday

3. Tom letting me go round his to work as I am sans computer

Thursday

1. The computer man calling me to tell me he's already fixed my computer in record time

2. Tony (Head of Department) putting up with my over excited face being pressed up against the glass door of the water jet cutter, all day.

3. The realisation I can get round CNC coding if I do a layered model cut on the water jet.

Friday

1. Tom helping me put together all the degree show booklet images, while Ben (supposed to be helping) plays with my phone. He makes a call in French and I get home to find a bundle of funny photos he took...

Hard at Work


Ben's "Bum"

2. Going to bed and hearing Kate giggling to Comic Relief

3. The suspense of a good old soap opera Neighbours, it lets me forget my work pressures for just half an hour a day

Saturday

1. Going out to dinner with Kate, we go Australian, to Moomba and have a great evening of girlie chat

2. Finally seeing Hot Fuzz even if it's a pirated copy - its hilarious in a darkly understated way, none of this American slapstick style you get in their so-called "comedy" movies. How terribly British

3. Miss Pickering agreeing to teach me the rules of rugby so the guys have no excuse when I want to go to the pub with them!

Sunday

1. Kate giving me a lift to the library so I don't have to walk in the hale for too long, when I come out its a bright day

2. Seeing Annie and Anila in town for coffee, we chat and its a nice way to catch up.

3. Finally getting my dissertation started, it's an uphill struggle but gives a sense of eased guilt that I'm not putting it off too much.

No comments: