Saturday, March 17, 2007

Global Leader

Have you ever thought of what you would do if you had one act as global leader (which of course I will be one day)...?

My 1 act was to ban incandescent light bulbs. In my view there is no reason for their use - energy saving bulbs are just as cheap nowadays and with something so simple, an individual can "do their bit" without even thinking about it, its not like they even have to change their lifestyle.

I'm all for helping the environment but I think to get more people on board the strategies for helping have to have zero impact on people's everyday lives - people don't like inconvenience.
It is also one of the many reasons I became a designer - if I can help people or the world out with my work, I will be happy, trying to get more efficient products and items that help people's life's become easier, and to ease suffering.

Well obviously my idea was a good one. So now I have to think of a new "1 act".

I have to say I'm pleased that something that I came to of my own conclusion has also been thought of and implemented.

I'll keep you posted on my next act as global leader...!

No comments: