Friday, March 09, 2007

New toys

I was having trouble logging on yesterday, thankfully I've had more luck today.

After handing in my engineering drawings I have had the go-ahead to get on with making, I'm thinking I'll start next week as I've got a lot more to do before I start, including ordering materials!

I've been browsing around the Adobe website, and I'm doing the free trial of Photoshop Lightroom, a programme for photographers, and its simple amazing! You can edit masses of photos at once, in a specially dedicated programme - brilliant, and also very helpful as I'm doing the mugshots for the Degree Show booklet, approx 120 in total...

I've also downloaded Adobe InDesign, which is more to do with Publishing but it looks to be quite good, the only problem is that it's only a 30 day trial and I don't know if I'll get a chance to play with it!

I've also been self teaching myself Illustrator, plodding through the tutorials, and I have to say although I'm a little slow on the uptake, I'm starting to understand why people love it so much, its very versatile and much easier to use than most vector graphics software, which does annoying cut outs without you asking it to!

I've got to head into uni today to sort out my electronics and to speak to Sean about the CNC router, only he scares me, so I'll have to pluck up some courage to speak to him...

3BT

1. Home made rice pudding, first time of making it and it comes out perfectly

2. Having an evening off

3. Getting too hot in the night, meaning its time for the summer weight duvet to come out

No comments: