Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Oh, What a Beautiful Day

It's been a good day, I have 2 very large A0 print outs of my general assembly drawings and an exploded view. I just need to add dimensions and labelling this evening (generally you'd do that all on the computer, but it takes a long time, and although tedious I can probably get it done a lot quicker by hand and in front of the telly!)

I also bumped into Julia today, it was lovely to see her in such a spontaneous way, she convinced me to have a well earned tea break and a natter in the union. Although distracted, its good to sit down with a friend who understands and doesn't mind if I'm a million miles away.

I'm also looking forward to Julia and Nikki's parties on Friday, it means flitting a bit between groups, but they both understand and don't mind - at least they're both in the same venue!

With the recent warmer weather, it has reminded me of how horrible the coming weeks are going to be - 120 people, 2 moderately sizes workshops, no ventilation, 25 deg outside, long sleeves and trousers for safety... hmmmmmmmmm a lovely BO trap, its going to be very unpleasant I think!

There are 5 beautiful things today, just because my walk home was so lovely :D

1. Walking home for the first time this year in just a jumper with a blazing sun behind me, its a bit chilly, but a brisk pace keeps the worst of it away.

2. Early cherry blossom that flutters to the ground over my head as I walk by. I get home to find some in my hair.

3. A brother and sister walking home from school together. The sister is bossy and insists that her brother crosses the road correctly, looking both ways.

4. A group of wannabe gangsters in full black, caps and puffa jackets. They all look far too hot, but too cool to take off the coats.

5. A very fluffy white cat that looks like it has never stepped outside gets sprayed in muddy water as a car drives past

No comments: