Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tales of Yore

So the last few days have been quiet chez Ellie, mainly just beavering away at my dissertation, and true to my time plan I finished today (which makes for a happy Ellie)

Although there was slight hilarity this morning when Will our computer technician came to visit...he got all embarrassed - I don't think he was expecting a young lady to be in residence and blushed the majority of the time, whilst studying his shoes...poor thing :D

So now the fun begins...I am going to start assembling my scale model for my heating bench tomorrow, so PVA glue, MDF, and G clamps ahoy! It should be fun tho, I haven't got my hands dirty and stuck into any woodwork in a few years...I can't wait if I'm honest - for the posh lady I pretend to be, I'm happiest in my overalls covered in grease, dirt and glue...

...which reminds me of a fateful day back in my first year.
Imagine the scene, a young and innocent Ellie has been assigned to a group project manufacturing a rope traversing system (ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). The afore mentioned Ellie volunteers to produce the cogs from wood discs and cam belt drivers...only the belts needed to be bent back on themselves, almost like trying to turn a tyre inside out...hard! So super glue was the order of the day, only it was summer; hot and sweaty, causing the men of dear Lufbra to start removing shirts etc.

I *may* have got a little distracted by a certain gentleman, and I *may* have glued my hands together...

I'll leave you with tails of incompetence, I'm going to go read a book and/or drool over Daniel Craig some more...

Much love


3BT

1. Finally finding a pair of T bar sandals that fit my huge man feet.

2. Going out for a walk in the early evening, it really is starting to feel like summer despite the chill in the air

3. Enjoying a dark chocolate egg *yummy*

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Women and power tools - mmm, naughty!

Puss