Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Jobs

Today has dawned warm and muggy, not the best for trying to be cool calm and collected.
Yesterday I worked on my portfolio, which I will also be doing today, hopefully with the aim of getting my CV and work online asap, and getting a presence. Even if nothing really comes of it, at least I'll have all my work in order and ready to show to potential employers.

Today I also hope to be heading down to the Jobcentre, to get on the dole. Easy one might assume, but also quite difficult to bring oneself to doing. It's like accepting defeat. But more scarily the office is in Frome, renowned for it's pointy headed residents with webbed fingers. I just don't want one of them to be working behind the desk!

I'm also going to work on a brief for a competition with a recruitment consultancy, even if I don't finish in time for the deadline which is fast approaching, it'll hopefully be a nice thing to add to my portfolio.

Plus somewhere in all this I need to find another job, just something to tide me over. I have too much dignity to go back and work at the pub over the road for almost less than minimum wage...

hmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Think of the dole as payback for all the years of taxes and National Insurance you will soon be paying. Trust me, that hurts much more.

Puss

ERA said...

haha I know, I have paid a fair proportion of my basic wages on that in my time, just in the process of claiming all that back!
I have now signed on, several crazy questions later and I have a "job focused interview" on Monday...

"Are you currently serving time in HM Prison?"
Me: "ermmmm, no",
"Are you calling from inside a prison?",
Me: "Again, no...."