Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meme

Whilst getting dressed and browsing the internet (yes I do both at the same time) I came across this on Ms Puss' site....

So being entirely self centred I thought I'd fill it in...

You look up your birthday on wiki and fill it in....

Three Events (from the sublime to the ridiculous):
1559 - Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England in Westminster Abbey. (I once said in an interview that she was the historical figure I respected the most. I got the job, despite listing the reasoning behind it to being that she burnt more Catholics than Bloody Mary burnt Protestants, and she got away with it)

1910 - Opera was broadcast on the radio for the first time — Enrico Caruso singing from the stage of New York's Metropolitan Opera House.

1957 - Wham-O Company produces the first Frisbee.

Two Births:
1334 - King Henry II of Castile (d. 1379)

1997 - Marius Borg Høiby, son of Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway

(the first and last listed on wikipedia)

One Holiday:
In UK, as proposed by comedian Bob Mills on BBC Radio 5 Live's Fighting Talk this is the day beyond which the penalty for wishing someone a Happy New Year should be death.

(that one really appeals to me...)

Then you take this list, remove the title of the blog at the top of it and add the title of your own blog to the bottom.

Medication Time
The Expatriotic Expatriot
The Morning Meeting
The Pole Affair
The Terracotta Pot

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

What's the date then? March 13th?

Puss

ERA said...

Close, but no cigar...

January 13th :D