Thursday, August 23, 2007

Neglect

I apologise, I have been slack over the past few days and weeks, not posting and posting very late indeed. But as most of you are well aware sometimes you just don't want to write.

I have at this moment just got back from the beach at Poole and have that delightfully sandblasted feel to my face, although I have sand everywhere! It was a lovely day and nice to spend some time with Mum, even if she has shocked and appalled me with some of her comments on homosexuality. She brought me up to be liberal, and it turns out that she doesn't believe that gays should have the same "rights" as married heterosexuals. Her argument was hypocritical and disrespectful to so many people from so many backgrounds and walks of life, that I was ashamed of her. I think I have even lost a little bit of respect for her. Nonetheless I love her, and we had a good day discounting the tragic comments towards the end.

The last week has been relatively devoid of activity however now I look back I have been a little busy indeed.

The Friday night/Saturday morning was spend with an old school friend who a year ago joined the RAF. We had some fun in Lincoln before things turned sour by the act of a guy she works with. I'm not going to say any more, but I was upset at the lack of respect he showed her, and I don't think I'll be going to stay with her again whilst she is stationed at Cranwell with him nearby.

Sunday was spent recovering from a horrible hangover and making preparations to see a friend in Reading this weekend coming up.

Job hunting has also started to consume me, I feel myself obsessively checking, double checking and triple checking the job boards all day long hoping to pounce on any new titbit of info. That approach doesn't seem to be working, but I have received 2 communications (a phone call and an email) from 2 companies that seem interested in me. Its early days so I won't speculate, but one is in Newcastle and the other Kent. Not exactly convenient from my current location!

On a similar, however totally unrelated thread of thought, Mum revealed to me that I am indeed 1 quarter Gordie. This came as a slight shock to me, being a born and bred Southerner who has a pathological fear of our cousins up north. And The Way They Talk To You In The Street. Oh well, if I'm going to live there I might as well get used to it and discover my roots...

I've also being filling some time on ebay, which isn't providing me with much luck, so those of you who need a pair of Dune floral wedges in your life, get your size 7 feet over to this item....

I also have a new friend in my life. He's always been a friend, but he's now more of a friend than before. And I like it. So this will probably be my only post of this week as I'm going to see my newest friend this weekend.

And no EDW this week, as I've only just remembered - I'll do 2 next week to make up for it...tho someone might have to remind me to do that...

----------------
Now playing: The Go! Team - Ladyflash
Now playing: The Go! Team - Namnlöst spår 3
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Very pretty shoes.

Shame when our parents disappoint us.

Enjoy your new friend, and if you get a chance, could you drop me a line? I've a tidbit of info for you.

Puss