Friday, September 07, 2007

Looking up

Firstly the important things in life. Puss asked how to achieve prizewinning pot plants and I now present to you the simple steps that I took. I can't guarantee that it'll work for you (in fact I promise it won't)

1. Go to Ikea
2. Buy pot plant for the bathroom
3. Move back in with your parents
4. Move out again, but move into a tiny place
5. Give pot plant to parents
6. Come back after 2 years
7. Ensure there are no other entries in the category at the show
8. Enter the pot plant in the show
9. Win first prize

Easy, eh?

My interview in Sheffield went well, but I'm not holding my breathe. It's a great job and going to be fought for hard by any designers who get through to the next round. But in my experience the jobs that are the hardest won are the most rewarding. I'm crossing my fingers but trying not to get my hopes up.

I was also called literally a few moments ago by another company requesting an interview, although yet to confirm a time and date as of yet. **UPDATE....Tuesday 11th 10.30am....wish me luck**

HSBC also called me today to confirm my final interview for cashier at my local branch. Quink has advised me never to touch banking, and I would completely agree with his sentiment if I had money in my pocket and the means to live, unfortunately I need it too much to have morals and ethics about it *sigh* at least it will only be temporary!

A friend also called to tell me her boss had received my application for a job at her company and loved my portfolio, haven't heard anything from them yet about a possible interview, but I'm eternally grateful to the tip off! **Update on that one too, just spoken to them and I'm off to see them on Wednesday**


My fingers have never been so crossed in my life

3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

I have been keeping everything crossed for you. In fact, can I uncross my legs now, please? I really need to pee.

Puss

ERA said...

I am quite sadistic, so maybe I'll just force you to sit there and bust or a pee, but I'm nice, so I won't :D

xx

Quink said...

Good luck! They seem to be biting...