Monday, September 10, 2007

Size

Something strange has been happening to me for a while now. My head is getting bigger in size. Its either that or my favourite hoodie is getting smaller. I always thought I was good at washing, so I've come to the conclusion that my head is getting bigger. Strange hey?

On a medically related note, I have a lump in my arm which appeared with a mysterious black bruise about 2 weeks ago (I don't bruise, ever, no really I don't). I have seen the doctor (well Practice Nurse actually but I tend to trust them a bit more, they're more in touch with us mere morals than doctors). Anyway the nurse had a stark prognosis for me. If it gets smaller its just a cyst, if it gets bigger its a tumour. Thanks a bloody bunch for that. But being typically British about it, I'm convinced its a cyst, just one problem. It's not getting bigger, OR smaller. At least it's not a blood clot working its way to my heart I guess...

I did "eenie meanie minie mo" and it was a cyst. That's settled then.

I should have been a doctor. Although I doubt I'd have many patients.

On a very unrelated note, I went out with the parents yesterday to a field behind my house, and ate scones with jam and cream, and picked blackberries. I now have a lovely collection of splinters and other thorn fragments stuck in my finger tips, which are also stained purple. What fun

Interviews tomorrow and Wednesday...oh the joy.

PS. Don't go worrying about my arm, I'll be fine I'm sure


----------------
Now playing: James Morrison - The Letter
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Quink said...

Almost certainly a cyst. I've had one in my arm for about 18 years or so - it got a bit bigger, then it shrank, now I hardly realise it's there. It's impossible to see it now.

Don't try bursting it like I did - it doesn't work, and if it did it might be rather unpleasant.

ERA said...

Haha, no I wasn't planning on trying to pop it. I'd have to perform minor surgery on myself to do it, as it's deep inside the arm on the muscle tissue!

Glamourpuss said...

Mmmm, blackberrying. I do miss that sort of malarkey.

Good luck, will be sending positive vibes.

Puss