Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No idea

Weariness seems to steal over me constantly, I'm forever in a state of shattered sleeplessness. It's not that I'm having difficultly in sleeping, far from it...I'm having difficultly getting enough even though I'm currently averaging 9 hours a night.
I've long considered myself a hungry sleeper, I need more than most, am tired easily, however conversely I'm a morning lark, and have trouble staying in bed.

Work is going well, I'm really enjoying the variety that my role supplies and I get to meet many people from many different backgrounds and specialities; today being a case in point, when I played conkers* over lunch with a fellow designer, a factory design engineer, a metal forming engineer and a French sales exec.

This morning's breakfast also held surprises; it was announced to me that one of my colleagues thinks he's in love with me. Great. This guy is nice, but definitely not for me, and far too old. At least I was hastily reassured that I hadn't lead him on whatsoever (a girl sometimes needs to check!) so I've spent the entire of today being embarrassed and school-girly about it, refusing to look him in the eye and generally ignoring him simply by virtue that I have no idea how to act around him now. Who would have thought I'm nearly a decade older than the school girls that act like that...

Will I ever learn how to deal with other people's affections?

Something sad inside me suggests possibly not. I'm just not to be trusted with other people's feelings and emotions, I screw them up and trample all over them...

A lesson to the wise, don't bother with this kitty, she's got no idea.


* I lost, boo hoo


----------------
Now playing: Dido - All You Want
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Actually, the gentlemanly thing to do would have been not to tell you - and he is old enough to know better.

Don't be embarrassed, think of it as a compliment - like someone admiring your shoes - thank them, but don't see it as something you have to do anything about.

Puss

ERA said...

I think I feel intruded on to be honest, I have to live with this person for the moment and it's made my life very awkward - something I'm not a fan of - I like to be in a haven not a hell

Grrrrrrrrr