Thursday, November 22, 2007

Company

There's something not right today. I couldn't shake the feeling all day and I've not figured out what it is for sure but I have a feeling it might be something to do with a touch of loneliness. I still don't have proper friends down here, although each day I am growing closer to more people; spending time with CT last weekend showed us we have lots in common, even if at work we're stilted around each other, and the French students have taken me under their wing - we're having dinner tomorrow night and a trip to London on Saturday; plus Mrs Landlady and T have welcomed me into their lives with the warmth of the 2 wine buffs they are.

But I miss Julia and Tegan sorely, their presence in my life is a soothing balm of reciprocal level headed mothering, support and friendship

I guess I'm saying I want a constant in my life, other than myself (let's face it I'm unreliable for company)

----------------
Now playing: UNKLE - Lonely Soul-Feat. Richard Ashcroft
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

I actually think loneliness is pandemic in our society. Poor ERA.

Puss