Monday, November 05, 2007

"Date"

While I sit here and reflect on the remarkable coincidence that my blog colours match my surfer inspired bedclothes (which I've had for months) I shall let you in on a little secret...

I have a "date". Now I say "date" because I'm not sure if it counts...I've been invited to be the "plus one" of one of my fellow designers in the office to that inaugural event that is the trade industry annual dinner next Friday. It's a chance to dress up and have a grossly overpriced meal at a top London hotel, and this girl wasn't gonna say no.

So far, no date. However the guy who asked me is a true gent, and bless him, went bright red when asking me, using the immortal "date" phrases like "don't feel obligated to say yes" and the uber-flattering "I thought of a few other girls, but as it's an industry thing, I thought you'd be the best choice". Well thanks, I feel top of your pile now. But anyway the chance is there to go out and have a laugh with friends from the office, get dressed up and network the room.

I think it'll be ok...I hope.

Although at the minute I'm sharing a room with him...each pair of tickets comes with a double room...I need to get onto the hotel sharpish, but I reckon I'll be out of luck :(

On the up side, you know you have an awesome job, when your boss actively encourages you to spend 3 days perfecting Harry Potter style name badges for everyone in the office and all the meeting rooms, just because he wants you to get it just right and not rush the job...

2 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

Gawd, those industry dos are always a monumental piss-up. Wear big pants. And keep them on in bed.

Puss

ERA said...

Advice duly noted, and separate rooms acquired...

I am prepared