Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Day at the Office

I'm in uni for the studio days, but being realistic all the studios are taken up by first years and second years so there's actually no-where to work, plus everyone's scattered to the wind off at tutorials, so I thought I'd take this time to write an entry

I'm feeling better, Day Nurse works a treat and hasn't made me sick like the Night Nurse so I'm functioning somewhere close to 85% capacity.

I've also managed some calcs for turbine size and power requirements and requested a meeting with the electronics tutor tomorrow to get some further guidance on the circuit diagrams and hardware required.

And I bumped into Sam, the ergonomics tutor who has said she'll help me out with the part of my brief which is all about making the seating comfortable enough to sit on, but uncomfortable to sleep on.

I need to switch some focus back onto the RSA, I need a product finalised by next week, which means that after the studio days I'll be getting my user research sorted. Hopefully that'll help!

I'm a bit stumped as to what form to make my seating into. That sounds really stupid but I just feel like a lot of my sketches so far are all variations on the same theme, nothing groundbreaking and a fair bit of "me too" in there - I need some inspiration from some friends which I was hoping to get from today, but as the studio day seems to be going down the pan, I think I'll just wait until tomorrow and then hopefully, after some more sketching on my part, and some help from some other people, with the electronics getting under way I might be in a better position.

The meeting I cancelled yesterday was for materials options but tbh for the prototype I'll be going for GRP*, so I'll just get a flavour for the options available for mass production.

Fact of the Post: More than 200,000 people are reported missing each year in the UK, where it is not a criminal offense to fo missing



*GRP is a resin and glassfibre cocktail that is sometimes used for children play equipment or boats, and is fairly easy to use and hopefully versatile enough to make my seating shell.

No comments: