Monday, October 16, 2006

BookCrossing

Sometimes I find myself dragged towards the blog with the compulsion to write, even if I don't have anything to say.

Today is no different, however on of my lecturers mentioned a "happening" for want of a better word, that really caught my imagination.

Its called Book Crossing.

When you've finished reading a good book that you enjoyed, you print out this label, that you stick in the front cover. You leave your book ina public space, in the hope that someone will pick it up. Once they've read it, they *should* leave it for someone else to find, you can plot your book's travels over the country and indeed the world!

It just really struck me, that in this age when we all communicate through email, text messages, and blogs for that matter, that there is this silent communication going on. You ever meet the next reader, yet you've shared something with someone so distant to you.

So I think I'm going to join in, but I'm not going to tell you where I leave my book, you might go and get it yourselves...

Fact of the Post: Painting people's rooms pink, prevents violence

No comments: