Friday, October 13, 2006

iPod lovin'

I've actually had a complaint that I haven't been writing enough blog entries!

So here is another installment of the Rachel Saga

I had my RSA tutorials yesterday, which is the real reason I haven't posted yet, I was try to let the information sink in. Basically I was told my ideas were rubbish and that I needed to start again - there goes 2 weeks of work.

I'm now 2 weeks behind as I'm starting again from the beginning. I'm still looking at Wellbeing, but I'm going to be looking at preventative measures for allergies, under the whole idea "hayfever ruins my summer/ sleep". So far my research suggests that the only real way to treat it is to medicate.

However, shockingly, did you know that over-the-counter hayfever reliefs stunt mental growth and learning in children?

There must be a better way - I'm going to find some ways of treating and preventing hayfever - hopefully I can build that into some kind of product.

My friend, Isabelle*, has been looking at "food miles" (about how far food has to travel to get to you, and the implications on the environment), and she's discovered that they inject fruit and veg with preservatives to enable it to survive long transport - a good a reason as any to go organic, which I am now seriously considering (maybe once I graduate, and earn a wage...)

I'm also considering buying an iPod. I've held out for so long, but as someone pointed out "why deny yourself something that is so good?".
I used to use the principle that I wouldn't go near it because everyone else has, and applied that to everything from Harry Potter to skinny jeans (both of which I'm still holding out on)

Now the biggest dilemma for me is what to have engraved on the back..."Rach" is obvious, but I need a slogan or something - I think I have one, but I'm not sure I'll still like it in a few years time! I'll let you know when I've decided!

I also went out last night, for a few quiet drinks with Isabelle, plus a few others who haven't featured in the blog yet, but it was lovely, and I came home at a lovely reasonable hour and watched the end of Forest Gump *always makes me cry!*

I bought a printer yesterday, off amazon - a Canon iP5200 and I'm really excited about getting it, only they're sending me the printer and will send me the ink cartridges (all 5!!!) "soon"

*rant mode on*

"Soon"?!?!

What use is that to me, I need to p-r-i-n-t, and I can't do that without them...

Seriously they could at least have figured that out - ok I love technology but seriously its time someone put some proper thought into how they do things. Logic is a fine thing, and I'd love it if someone could actually apply that to the real world and business models.

I know its all computerised in warehouses now, and that the ink cartridges are probably coming from another warehouse, but seriously...if they put all those sorts of things in the same warehouse they could send it all out at the same time...clever or what?

*Rant over*

Right I need to get on and achieve today, I have much designing and researching to do before my major project tutorial where I find out if Kevin likes my heated seating...

Spread the love baby


*fictional name, although it may change if she doesn't like it

No comments: