Friday, October 13, 2006

Silk Happiness

No sooner had I posted that last blog entry did a rather odd looking parcel arrive for me from India. Made out of a cloth sack it was stitched up one side. I was perplexed and took a photo to share on here

*yes I've blanked out the address, I'm not stupid*

On opening said parcel I found 2 of the most gorgeous silk sarees, they have raw edges but they really are beautiful - one's blue and gold, and the other is a deep pink/red and gold.

It took me a while to realise why I had been sent them, but I remembered how much I loved my Mum's silk drapes in her house in Jordan, and she must have bought them for me and had them sent straight to me! I'm so happy :D

All I need to do is finish the raw edges off and then I'm going to hang them over my doorway (my room was originally a "frontroom" of the terrace, so the front door goes right into my room)


I'll put another picture up when they're all finished :D

The Love is Spread

No comments: