Friday, October 13, 2006

Matchmaking a To Do List

I'm on a bit of a posting frenzy today, I keep thinking of things to write, and it's also because I've been home for the majority of the day!

I had a tutorial this afternoon for the major project (heated public seating), and surprisingly Kevin was very confrontational about everyone's work. I thought I was up-to-date and not doing too badly, but he slated my progress. I guess it's just to keep us on our toes but my To Do list for this weekend has grown out of control!

It goes something like this....

MPD (Major Design Project)- Public Seating
Redefine User/Task/Environment
Use SWOT analysis
Create Moodboard
Collate influences and current designs
Calculate energy requirements...
...and therefore figure out what to power the heating with
Analyse the "6 issues of design" (Aesthetics, User Need, Uniqueness, Feasibility, Technology, Market)
Produce 3 A3 boards covering the "6 issues" plus all other material covered

RSA - Wellbeing
Conduct interviews with allergy sufferers (housemate, Dad and Isabelle), a doctor (my cousin, thank god!), and a human biologist (my friend Tammy*)
Create moodboards
Brainstorm ideas
Go back and fill in the areas of research I couldn't do without the printer**

Dissertation
Assemble Aims/ Objectives
Create directed research questions

So there we are - thank god I've managed to cross that Vanadium essay off my list!



I'm heading out tomorrow night to an Olympic Housewarming Party - Lycra ahoy!
I'm not technically invited, but Isabelle won't go without me....

*I feel special*


Plus on a cheeky note, I've been trying to matchmake 2 of my friends, *crossed fingers*

Although my track record stands at 100% failure, when I matchmade a work colleague, Fraser with a girl I knew - he stood her up...

...in Central London...

...on a Friday Night...

...lovely, *not*



*Again a ficticious name, unless she hates it
** We're not supposed to go back and do retrospective work, but I haven't had much of a choice, but on the plus side I got an email from Amazon a little while after my rant about logic saying my ink was on it's way...whoever said being demanding didn't get you anywhere...

No comments: