Saturday, October 21, 2006

Ouch!


Its Saturday and I haven't had the day off.

Yesterday I shut my finger in the door. It hurt. A lot.

David has been staying with me, and its been good fun, showing him round Lufbra and getting up to awful mischief! He got me drunk last night and I was home and in bed by 10! Disgraceful!

We've been in the Library today, managed to sort out a fair bit of the energy calculations I needed to do for the heated seat, now I need to estimate power usage over a 24 hour period, that will tell me how big the battery needs to be, and how big the turbine needs to be to re-charge the battery.

My housemate, David and I went out for a late lunch with Joe*, he graduated last year, so it was nice to see him, plus I explained what i wanted to do and he drew the circuit diagram on the back of a napkin for me! Apparently it isn't totally correct but will point me in the right direction, and I'll be able to communicate what I want to do to the technicians who'll be able to understand it and point me in the right direction.


I'm also really impressed with a company that I requested some sample off! I emailed them at 4.30pm on Friday, and bright and early this morning the samples I had requested landed on my doormat!

Talk about efficiency!

The samples I'm looking at are made by a company called
Smile Plastics and they sent me some samples of their recycled coffee cup material. Its really beautiful and looks a lot like granite!

I think if I wasn't GRPing my prototype I'd use that, however it is really expensive, however is recycled and recyclable.


I'm off out with Isabelle, David and Isabelle's housemate Rob* tonight to a houseparty of one of our coursemates. Not sure we'll stay long coz I'm sure we won't know anyone, however we need to improve our image as complete geeks!

Fact of the Post:
Blogging is cool


*ooooo guess what, another fake name....

No comments: