Saturday, May 19, 2007

11 days...

This week has just flown by, I've spent the entire week with a sanding block in my hand rubbing down my project - it is the most mind-numbing experience, oh and combined with car body filler I've lost the first few layers of skin on my fingers - it really isn't very attractive, so I'm going to get some Swiss hand-cream. I think that'll do the job - that or a I should just climb in a giant tub of aqueous cream.

The project has been moving forward, but not as quickly as I'd have hoped. Friday saw a disaster hit, my own fault really, because I hadn't squared up all the pieces before I started glueing - resulting in a nice 1 inch gap in the sides of my chair. Cue a frantic search for my tutor, the borrowing of mallets, clamps, the nailing down of batons, leverage and some brute forcing to impose 90 deg angles on the thing. So that was a day wasted. At least all the parts should fit together and it won't be on the wonk...

This means I have 11 days left - my project is still in pieces, the electronics aren't finished, I haven't finished modelling the CAD for it, I have no user evaluations, and the report isn't written.

Oh and I'm shattered, although I have an over developed right arm from sanding.

Thankfully, all doubts have been pushed to the back - I have no time for them.

(there was no Elegantly Dressed Wednesday this week from me purely because I was working away from computers all week)

4 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

I'm sure you looked elegant in your dust mask and overalls.

Puss

Quink said...

Good luck.

Quink said...

A pleasure... keep sanding!

Anonymous said...

Hi Eleanor,

I have some information about a design contest that I think would be of great interest to you and your readers. Can you email me at Cecilia@prontocommunication.se and then delete this comment. Thank you!

Best regards,

Cecilia