Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm back

So, after a long while away, I return.

The end of my project was stressful beyond words, but it's over now and I have handed in all my work for the final time, all's left is the handing in of library books and a presentation tomorrow (for which I have done nothing....)

I honestly don't think I could have completed the last week of the project, last Sunday I had several panic attacks and wound myself up incredibly well, culminating in phoning home and Dad taking the (brilliant) decision to come up to Lufbra and look after me for the final week. He kept me sane and I managed to finish a fair proportion of the work. I think I would have fallen to pieces without him. As he rightly points out I now owe him a lifetime of brownie points...

Thursday night (the night of the hand in) it was straight down the pub - 2 snakebite blacks later (the disgustingly traditional drink of Lufbra, affectionately known here as a "Nasty") and I was strolling home to see Dad who was waiting to take me to dinner...

half a bottle of red wine at the Indian and then on to the Orange Tree to meet the other 100 people on my course. It was complete madness but I managed to escape to bed at midnight and awoke feeling completely terrible. I am no longer built for drinking!

Friday was spent mooching about, lunch with Nikki after waving off Dad, then into town where Primark was raided and many a tiny short dress bought.

Friday night was a BBQ at Rich and Rob's and then on to the uni (in the afore mentioned tiny tiny tiny dress). Needless to say I got chatted up by a rather lovely, and surprisingly confident 18 year old. However it did make me feel really old.... especially when I worked out that I was starting uni when he was 13...

Now I am just chilling out, and trying to work out what the hell to do with my life...

4 comments:

Quink said...

Well done.

Snakebite and black, though? Jeesh. Is Loughborough stuck in the late 80s or something?

aajhiggs said...

Great to hear you made it! Feels good doesn't it :)

Glamourpuss said...

Snakebite and black?!

You're not a goth are you?

Very well done on getting it all in.

Puss

ERA said...

haha no, but its the "Drink of Loughborough" and traditionally drunk by freshers and at the end of exams/coursework...I hated every minute of it!