Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bragging

Well I'm not one for horoscopes telling me what is going to happen in future, but I've found one that suggests something you could do today that might make you a bit happier. Now I always like things that make me happy, so when it said today

Don't be ashamed to admit that you're proud of your accomplishments. Feel free to share them with others today, but don't brag too much.
I thought I'd better pay attention.

Well my achievements are that I have finished my degree, I will get at least a 2:1, I have been appointed Artistic Director for the upcoming Show and my work is being prepared at the printers nearly as we speak.
The Show Booklet has been uploaded on the internet, yours truly is on page 53 of the PDF.

My DesignWeek project was also reviewed by the owners of the material, who I can now exclusively reveal was Boots. They said my designs (which I still can't reveal) were "fresh, simple and clean to use" and "would look good on shelf across all brands". I like to think that someone who knows what they are talking about wrote that, but I'm well aware it could have been anyone.

I hope that shows how quietly proud of my achievements I am, I don't want to brag, and rarely do, but I thought today I'd make an exception...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have every right to be proud of your accomplishments. have confidence in the person you are.

Glamourpuss said...

Funny. I've been thinking about this very topic. Had an email form a copywriter yesterday who signs themself 'genius'. made me realise how little credit I give myself for my accomplishments. Well done you.

Puss

Quink said...

Brilliant - well done you.