Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Money schemes

Firstly I have a friend back, so thank you :)

When people find out that I'm planning on dying my hair (being a bit of a chameleon in that respect) they are always shocked that I would ruin my lovely warm brown hair. What they don't realise is that I am in reality a natural blonde.

Fair as fair can be, but I have dark eyebrows and dye my hair brown. I found for years that I was treated as stupid being blonde, overnight in subtle ways I was treated better as a brunette. Respected a bit more, and treated like I might actually have something decent to say.

Of course when I muck up I can still say "well I am blonde you know". The best of both worlds.

I also found that on nights out I'd get approached by a whole load of idiots who thought I was stupid, now thank god I only get approached by the idiots who think they have a chance. Good luck to them! (oh and with reference to a conversation with a friend, pinching my bum before speaking to my face isn't going to work either...)

I'm also in the mood for money making schemes, and I have several on the go at the minute. Filing for Mum's company, selling stuff on ebay, playing the lottery and a possibility of trying out fundmydegree.com. Maybe with just £20 to start off with tho...its a bit scary!

so with that I must go and wash off the dye that is covering up the blonde coming through

Only one drawback with the dying regime. The blonde roots appear grey against the dyed colour. I'm only 22 but some have thought I've had a terrible accident and went white with the shock...

3 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

I dyed my hair so many colours I forgot what my natural colour was actually like. That was followed by years of not touching it and enjoying the natural brown colour of it, but then a viper's nest of grey threatened to give me a mallon streak, so rather than look like Mrs Addams, I now dye it a couple of shades darker than natural.

If it makes you happy, who cares what people think?

Puss

ERA said...

ah I don't it was just an observation of how people think I'd love to be blonde...

I think a grey streak could be rather natty, although I understand your point!

Anonymous said...

the friend is pleased to be back too. Tho he still thinks that you would enjoy a little bum pinch. Not that he would dream of doing anything of the sort. :D